Stories From The Issue Of » December 10, 2007
2007 Chief Of The Year: Tim Stanley
While other CIOs struggle to align technology with "the business," Tim Stanley has made the two indistinguishable at Harrah's Entertainment.
How RIM, Salesforce, Red Hat, And VMware Are Building Developer Ecosystems
Each faces different hurdles. Their continued growth depends in part on how well they get third-party developers building around their platforms.
Standards For IT Governance
ITIL, COBIT, and ISO 17799 provide a blueprint for managing IT services.
What Makes A CIO Effective?
There's consensus among CXOs, IT staff, line-of-business managers, and CIO themselves, and it boils down to three words: alignment, process, innovation.
By John Soat
The CIO Chasm
These basic steps can help CIOs make the leap from technologist to business leader.
By Alan Guibord
former CIO of several large companies, chairman and founder of The Advisory Council
TECH ROAD MAP
This Week's Issue
- Improving SQL Availability and Performance: 6 Key Questions to Consider Before You Scale Up
- Policy Control & SDN: A Perfect Match? - by Heavy Reading
- Storage Infrastructure as a Service The Best of Cloud and On-premises Storage
- Altair Speeds Complex Simulation and Workload Management with the Intel' Xeon Phi Coprocessor
- Taneja Group: Overview of Virtualization and Cloud Market Vendor Landscape for SMBs
from Around the Web
- Meeting the Unilever eScience Challenges: To out-compute is to out-compete
- Smarter Mobile Security: Securing BYOD
- Smarter Mobile Security: Minding the Gaps
- BYOD and Windows 7 Migration are the Questions. Is Desktop as a Service the Answer?
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users