Stories From The Issue Of » December 11, 2006
How To Spot Insider-Attack Risks In The IT Department
They're one of the biggest security risks because of their knowledge and access. IT managers need to learn to identify and stop insider malcontents before they do some serious damage.
Innovators & Influencers
The technology industry has always been something of a cult of personality, populated by strong characters driving their own agendas, sometimes with vested-interest results.
Return Of The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide
You need gifts? We've got gifts! We bring you 80 of the hottest, weirdest, and most exciting tech gadgets to give (or get) this holiday season.
PERSONAL TECH GUIDE
- John Soat IT Confidential: Microsoft Is Mired In Vista, Report Says
- Rob Preston Down To Business: Attack The Root Of The Health Care Mess
- Stephanie Stahl CIOs Uncensored: Help Wanted, But IT Passion And Business Acumen Required
- From Our Blog
- Beyond India: Indian Outsourcer Turns To Malaysia
- IBM Scrutinized In Moscow
- What's Next For Open Source Development Labs?
- When It Comes To E-Voting, One Bad Programmer Could Undermine Our Democracy
- Yahoo CFO Moves Into Key Role
- Credit Suisse Disruptive Technology Portfolio Mover Of The Week: Novell
- Alliance Criticizes RFID Passport Card Plans
- Hewlett-Packard Pays California To Settle Pretexting Suit
- The Ticker
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- IBM index reveals key indicators of business continuity exposure and maturity
from Around the Web
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Top Business Process Misconceptions
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
- Real-Time Analytics: Big Data. Real Answers. Big Impact.
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Quick Tips for Managing Mobile Users