Stories From The Issue Of » December 17, 2007
15 Innovators & Influencers Who Will Make A Difference In 2008
Meet 15 people who will help shape the business technology world in the coming year. They're not the usual suspects -- the names everyone knows. Several are industry and tech execs, and most are gurus, prophets, or evangelists of one sort or another. They're all passionate about an idea, an approach, or a technology, and they're focused on driving it to the next level. Watch for each of them to be a force for change in their own corner of the tech world.
Security Vendors Revamp Desktop Suites
As host protection concerns evolve to include data loss prevention, vendors are busily enhancing their offerings.
Telcos Face Enormous Challenges Building
With their services in decline, carriers struggle with how to build these applications as cost-effectively as the Facebooks of the world.
by Graham Finnie
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
In this issue:Subscribe Now
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue
from Around the Web
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Technical Debt: Asset or Liability
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay