Windows 8, Microsoft Parties Like It's 1995Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer took the stage to announce the new release of Office, one that considers the cloud first and is in line with Microsoft's concept of the modern office. In terms of innovation, Ballmer says that it feels like it's 1995.
- Reviewcam: Ironscale's Bare Metal in the CloudThere are plenty of cloud services, but many rely on virtual processes running on shared systems. Stratascale's Ironscale lets you provision bare metal services. Mike Fratto provides a hands-on review of how it works and what you can do with it.
- ReviewCam: Sychron's Virtual Desktop ManagementOur hands-on evaluation of Sychron's virtual desktop management revealed a product that is adept at automating the rapid provisioning and the ongoing management of VMWare ESC and Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
- Whiteboard Tutorial: What is FCoE?In part 1 of our FCoE Whiteboard series Storage Switzerland's George Crump explains the benefits of FCoE, namely the reduction of cabling and network cards in servers, the subsequent costs savings & convergence of infrastructure management.
- Whiteboard Tutorial: FCoE - The Necessary ElementsIn part 2 of our FCoE Whiteboard series Storage Switzerland's George Crump discusses some of the elements of a fibre channel over ethernet infrastructure, covering both the converged network adapter and the switch.
- Whiteboard Tutorial: FCoE Benefits & DriversIn Part 3 of our Fibre Channel over Ethernet Whiteboard Tutorial series, analyst George Crump talks about the benefits & drivers behind FCoE, including simplified infrastructure, easier management, better performance, & guarantees for critical apps.
- Whiteboard Tutorial: When to Implement FCoEIn the fourth installment of our Fibre Channel over Ethernet Tutorial series, George Crump, lead analyst for Storage Switzerland walks us through the various scenarios that compel organizations to implement FCoE.
- Whiteboard Tutorial: FCoE ImplementaionIn our final Whiteboard tutorial on Fibre Channel over Ethernet, Storage Switzerland's George Crump walks us through what an actual implementation of FCoE would look like, including what the tangible benefits will be.
Popular This Week
- Intel touts tablets, smartphones at CES 2013 87/1000
- CES 2013: Intel core for tablets, ultrabooks 67/1327
- iPhone Pulse Oximeter: There's An App For That 50/4609
- CES 2013: It's A Wrap! 46/1486
- QNX hacks a Bentley 40/1068
- Mobile Device Management Debate: Mobile Iron Vs. Good Technology 34/3257
- SugarSync 2.0: More Convenient, More Enterprise Focus 19/1080
- CES 2013: Intel's new smartphone reference design 17/1330
- First Look At Windows 8, Microsoft's Office 2013 13/5879
- CES; the car show 11/341
- CES: Maxim shows heart, turns up volume on audio 10/655
- Intel shows off eye tracking and gesture tech 9/750
- Dwolla Builds Mobile Payment Network Of The Future 8/496
- Atmel talks touch enabled curves and Internet of Things 7/644
- CES; Synaptics senses mobile touch potential 7/252
- CES 2012: Aurasma's Augmented Reality Browses The World 7/1791
- iPhone Battery Cases Compared 7/1949
- Rambus; from dark to light(bulb) 6/1900
- Samsung's Galaxy Note, Tab 7.7 Blend Phone, Tablet Worlds 6/2191
- Whirlwind tour of CES showfloor 5/739
More Storage Videos
More Video »