In This Issue:
1. Editor's Note: Welcome To Our Pod
2. Today's Top Story: Microsoft
- Major Reorg Launched, Allchin To Retire
- Security Efforts Showing Fruit, Company Says
- Microsoft Beefs Up Exchange Support In Mac Office
3. Breaking News
- Sun UltraSparc4+ Servers Promise Big Boost In Performance
- Hurricane Katrina Highlights Need For Electronic Medical
- Attackers Choosing Fortune Over Fame
- AOL To Roll Out TotalTalk VoIP Service
- Jobs Bemoans 'Greedy' Music Providers Seeking iTunes Price Hike
- HP Expands OpenView With Partnerships And Services
- New Competitor Springs Up As Oracle And Siebel Execs Join Hands
- Opera Shoots For No. 2 In Browser Market
- Oracle Buys G-Log, Its 10th Acquisition In A Year
- Peerflix Launches Peer-To-Peer DVD Service
- Hospitals Track More Patients Via RFID
- SGI Offers Accelerator For Data-Intensive Apps
- Sub-$15 Mobile Phones Could Bow In 2006: Infineon Exec
4. In Depth: Tune In To The Industry's Biggest Thinkers
5. Voice Of Authority: Cross-Platform Collaboration
6. White Papers: Finding And Keeping Subscribers
7. Get More Out Of InformationWeek
8. Manage Your Newsletter Subscription
Quote of the day:
"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway." -- Father Jerome Cummings
1. Editor's Note: Welcome To Our Pod
Please check out today's In Depth section for a look at our new
series of podcasts. In true InformationWeek style, we're
presenting some of the industry's most influential thinkers
addressing a range of timely business and technology topics.
(Please note: In all cases, I'm linking you to a text-based file
from which you can launch the podcast, so you have a bit of
background before diving right in).
Web audio is well-established, but we aim to deliver unique value
with our breadth of topics covered, our strong
business-technology emphasis, and our access to some of the
leading minds in the industry. Let me know what you think, and
feel free to weigh in at our poll to let us know some of the key topics/areas on which you'd be
interested in listening to future podcasts.
Microsoft is shaking up its structure again, naming presidents to
head three business groups. The Platform, Products, and Services
group will be led by Kevin Johnson and Jim Allchin. However,
Allchin will retire next year after the Vista client ships.
Mastering IT Innovation
Ever wonder whether your company's IT strategy compares favorably
with the nation's best-known companies? We invite you to find out
with this free, informative, and confidential tool -- a fast way
to benchmark your company against the InformationWeek500.
A Week's Worth Of Dailies " All In One Place
Have you missed an issue or two of the InformationWeek Daily? Or
want to check out some recent quotes of the day? Check out our
all-new daily newsletter archive page and get caught up quickly.
4. In Depth: Tune In To The IT Industry's Biggest Thinkers
Finding, Catching, And Keeping Subscribers. Declining
Readership. Do Not Call Legislation. These add up to big problems
for subscriber growth and retention. SAP, a leader in the
newspaper industry, has the solutions for finding, capturing, and
keeping valuable subscribers.
Note: To change your E-mail address, please subscribe your new address and unsubscribe your old one.
Keep Getting This Newsletter
Don't let future editions of InformationWeek Daily go missing. Take a moment to add the newsletter's address to your anti-spam white list:
If you're not sure how to do that, ask your administrator or ISP. Or check your anti-spam utility's documentation. Thanks.
How Enterprises Are Attacking the IT Security EnterpriseTo learn more about what organizations are doing to tackle attacks and threats we surveyed a group of 300 IT and infosec professionals to find out what their biggest IT security challenges are and what they're doing to defend against today's threats. Download the report to see what they're saying.
Infographic: The State of DevOps in 2017Is DevOps helping organizations reduce costs and time-to-market for software releases? What's getting in the way of DevOps adoption? Find out in this InformationWeek and Interop ITX infographic on the state of DevOps in 2017.
IT Strategies to Conquer the CloudChances are your organization is adopting cloud computing in one way or another -- or in multiple ways. Understanding the skills you need and how cloud affects IT operations and networking will help you adapt.