In This Issue:
1. Editor's Note: Welcome To Our Pod
2. Today's Top Story: Microsoft
- Major Reorg Launched, Allchin To Retire
- Security Efforts Showing Fruit, Company Says
- Microsoft Beefs Up Exchange Support In Mac Office
3. Breaking News
- Sun UltraSparc4+ Servers Promise Big Boost In Performance
- Hurricane Katrina Highlights Need For Electronic Medical
- Attackers Choosing Fortune Over Fame
- AOL To Roll Out TotalTalk VoIP Service
- Jobs Bemoans 'Greedy' Music Providers Seeking iTunes Price Hike
- HP Expands OpenView With Partnerships And Services
- New Competitor Springs Up As Oracle And Siebel Execs Join Hands
- Opera Shoots For No. 2 In Browser Market
- Oracle Buys G-Log, Its 10th Acquisition In A Year
- Peerflix Launches Peer-To-Peer DVD Service
- Hospitals Track More Patients Via RFID
- SGI Offers Accelerator For Data-Intensive Apps
- Sub-$15 Mobile Phones Could Bow In 2006: Infineon Exec
4. In Depth: Tune In To The Industry's Biggest Thinkers
5. Voice Of Authority: Cross-Platform Collaboration
6. White Papers: Finding And Keeping Subscribers
7. Get More Out Of InformationWeek
8. Manage Your Newsletter Subscription
Quote of the day:
"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway." -- Father Jerome Cummings
1. Editor's Note: Welcome To Our Pod
Please check out today's In Depth section for a look at our new
series of podcasts. In true InformationWeek style, we're
presenting some of the industry's most influential thinkers
addressing a range of timely business and technology topics.
(Please note: In all cases, I'm linking you to a text-based file
from which you can launch the podcast, so you have a bit of
background before diving right in).
Web audio is well-established, but we aim to deliver unique value
with our breadth of topics covered, our strong
business-technology emphasis, and our access to some of the
leading minds in the industry. Let me know what you think, and
feel free to weigh in at our poll to let us know some of the key topics/areas on which you'd be
interested in listening to future podcasts.
Microsoft is shaking up its structure again, naming presidents to
head three business groups. The Platform, Products, and Services
group will be led by Kevin Johnson and Jim Allchin. However,
Allchin will retire next year after the Vista client ships.
Mastering IT Innovation
Ever wonder whether your company's IT strategy compares favorably
with the nation's best-known companies? We invite you to find out
with this free, informative, and confidential tool -- a fast way
to benchmark your company against the InformationWeek500.
A Week's Worth Of Dailies " All In One Place
Have you missed an issue or two of the InformationWeek Daily? Or
want to check out some recent quotes of the day? Check out our
all-new daily newsletter archive page and get caught up quickly.
4. In Depth: Tune In To The IT Industry's Biggest Thinkers
Finding, Catching, And Keeping Subscribers. Declining
Readership. Do Not Call Legislation. These add up to big problems
for subscriber growth and retention. SAP, a leader in the
newspaper industry, has the solutions for finding, capturing, and
keeping valuable subscribers.
Note: To change your E-mail address, please subscribe your new address and unsubscribe your old one.
Keep Getting This Newsletter
Don't let future editions of InformationWeek Daily go missing. Take a moment to add the newsletter's address to your anti-spam white list:
If you're not sure how to do that, ask your administrator or ISP. Or check your anti-spam utility's documentation. Thanks.
5 Top Federal Initiatives For 2015As InformationWeek Government readers were busy firming up their fiscal year 2015 budgets, we asked them to rate more than 30 IT initiatives in terms of importance and current leadership focus. No surprise, among more than 30 options, security is No. 1. After that, things get less predictable.
Top IT Trends to Watch in Financial ServicesIT pros at banks, investment houses, insurance companies, and other financial services organizations are focused on a range of issues, from peer-to-peer lending to cybersecurity to performance, agility, and compliance. It all matters.
Join us for a roundup of the top stories on InformationWeek.com for the week of September 18, 2016. We'll be talking with the InformationWeek.com editors and correspondents who brought you the top stories of the week to get the "story behind the story."