Cloud benefits for the IT service management market
Click here to download now
Overview: Analysts predict that soon, half of all new IT service desk tools will be adopted as cloud-based services. While shifting to an on-demand model can be a complex decision, requiring organizations to assess carefully the potential impact on their business operations, a growing number of companies are clearly finding the move worthwhile.
This paper explores the reasons for the rapid growth of cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) solutions and the benefits they offer for enterprises. Topics include:
• The cost savings companies can achieve by deploying ITSM solutions via the cloud, which allows better management and optimization of consumption and costs.
• Improved alignment between IT to and business, as self-service, a service catalog, collaboration, and mobility help IT expose and provide its services more effectively.
• The ability to integrate cloud and on-premise solutions to leverage existing systems while leveraging new innovations via the cloud.
• The advantages of cloud-based adoption and upgrades, which makes the latest tools available more simply, quickly, and accurately while minimizing internal IT requirements.
• The security provided through a properly built and supported cloud model.
• How cloud-based solutions can reduce the risk associated with customary application deployment methods.
• Advances in today's cloud infrastructures compared with previous generations of hosted and managed services.
• The agility cloud-based solutions enable for adapting to fast-changing business requirements.