Best Kept Secrets of Peer Review
Click here to download now
Overview: Developers are often reluctant to do reviews because they traditionally take the form of a heavy-weight, meeting-based process. Best Kept Secrets of Peer Code Review turns this notion upside-down and shows how to perform effective lightweight code review - which takes 1/5th of the time of more traditional, heavy-weight reviews.
In this ebook, you'll learn:
• Why some developers resist code review and how new tools change the game.
• The 5 types of review and their pros and cons
• What new studies and analysis shows about peer review
• Data and lessons from Cisco Systems - the largest case study ever done on lightweight code review process
• The social effects of peer review
• Questions to ask and what to do with the answers when getting started
• Useful metrics and what they mean
• The SEI Perspective
• CodeCollaborator - one of the best tools for code review
Whether you are a programmer or development manager, this is the book for you!