Federal Roadmap to the Cloud
Click here to download now
Overview: The Federal CIO Council has set its sights on driving change across the Federal government. Its goal is to reduce the Government’s enormous IT spend and drive efficiency back into data center operations by eliminating redundant infrastructures, leveraging economies of scale, and changing management focus from owning and maintaining assets to service delivery.
A move towards cloud computing requires CIOs to figure out how to stitch together today’s physical data centers with tomorrow’s cloud deployments while:
• Maintaining service level agreements
• Keeping data secure and reliable
• Retaining control of intellectual property
• Supporting the proliferation of mobile compute devices in a secure manner
• Preventing itinerant deployments to unsecure public sites.
Read this white paper to learn how virtualization has become the key technology enabler of cloud computing across the Federal government.