Overcoming Mobile Enterprise Security Challenges
Click here to download now
Overview: Increasingly powerful functionality is driving the wide-spread use of mobile devices by banks, government and law enforcement agencies and other security conscious organizations. Mobile workforces are taking advantage of mobile devices to remotely access sensitive data like confidential emails, customer data, credit card data, medical history and patient information.
Mobile devices are now the most vulnerable entry points for malware and threats to the corporate network. The potential security loopholes are many. Will the next leak of sensitive information in your organization result from a stolen SD card, or through USB / Bluetooth? Can you ensure that corporate email is being accessed only on authorized devices protected by security policies? Can you reliably "wipe" information from a lost device if it does not connect to your server? Can you proactively detect an attempt to install unauthorized software on a device? Can you respond in real-time and take control if the device is in the wrong hands? Can you track the location of a stolen device?
This document helps you answer these questions and examines how to manage end-to-end security by:
- Protecting data in transit over public Wi-Fi and cellular networks
- Encrypting data stored on device, making it available only to authenticated users
- Disabling device communication modules and hardware features (e.g. camera, Bluetooth)
- Authenticating device users using Active Directory (Domain Security) credentials
- Enabling malware protection and intrusion detection
- Limiting end user's access, preventing harmful Internet downloads and unauthorized software installation