So the word is to do a wee bit less of the insane spying and data collection while still have this artifical FISC rubber stamp everything. Who thought Obama is worse than Bush!?
The only way to end this mess is to
- repeal the Patriot Acts
- defund NSA and other agencies that are not FBI or CIA
- centralize national security under the FBI
- centralize foreign intelligence including that of the military under the CIA
- dissolve the FISC and have the FBI and CIA seek search warrants from courts with judges that were elected by the public in free and democratic elections. Only the records obtained through a warrant are allowed to be stored by the FBI or CIA.
- have an annual review of all programs and determine actual results, programs that do not deliver any results will be ended.
This will not only make national security more effective, more organized, and more focused on results, it will also keep any self-serving three letter agencies out of the mix. On top of that, it will save billions of dollars that are now wasted on folks playing WoW or dysfunctional data centers. And the best, this will make the US a much safer place than it currently is!