Archive One customers can take advantage of the FileStore integrated archiving solution to store e-mail along with other formats, such as Office documents.
"E-mail archiving is a specialty area and C2C has a pedigree which impressed us," said Bridgehead managing director Tony Cotterill, who added, "The parallel worlds of e-mail and document archiving are being brought closer by user demands, and we're ready to meet the market with a this very competitive solution."
According to a 2005 survey by C2C and Osterman Research, about 70 percent of organizations prefer an archiving solution that can store various types of electronic documents instead of just single-purpose point solutions for messaging and other types of electronic content. The new partnership attempts to meet that demand.
Features of the new joint technology archiving strategy include:
- Multicriteria policy-driven archiving of e-mail and files
- Transparent retrieval of e-mail and files via small links for fast and simple user access to archived data
- Advanced search and discovery of archives for users
- GUI-driven administration interfaces
- Storage management of a wide range of devices
- Full indexing of e-mail data for fast retrieval
For more information, visit www.c2c.com.