Learn to control iTunes using keyboard shortcuts that work in any app, take decent photos with your iPhone, and make a Wi-Fi hotspot on the fly using just your MacBook and a hard Internet connection. Also: Eminem sues Apple (again), the Adium IM client reviewed, and more.
- Review: Adium, the Mac-based instant-messaging king -- "Adium is quite simply the best instant-messaging (IM) client available. Period. It has its flaws and is, in some ways, deficient compared to iChat, Apple's own IM client. But its strengths vastly outnumber its weaknesses. "
- Microsoft Releases Remote Desktop Connection Client 2.0 (Beta) -- The standard for connecting to a Windows computer from a Mac and running the Win desktop. New features: Universal primary, improved Windows Vista compatibility, multiple sessions, and user interface improvements.
- Rapper Eminem sues Apple (again) -- Even though Apple has an agreement with Universal Music Group, Eminem alleges that Apple has no right to offer his music for download.
- Review: Apple iPhone Bluetooth Headset -- The Bluetooth headset works well for telephony, but doesn't let you listen to music or life podcasts. What's the point, then?
- SizzlingKeys -- Mac keyboard shortcuts for controlling iTunes from any app -- Useful utility for the many people who like to listen to iTunes while they work at their computers.
- iPhone 101: Take decent photos with your iPhone -- "There's one aspect of the iPhone that's counter-intuitive -- the camera. Unlike nearly every camera ever made, the iPhone takes a picture when the "shutter button" is released, not pressed." To take a good photo: Press the button, frame the image, then release the button.
- UltraNewb: Share your Mac's Internet connection wirelessly -- Create your own little Wi-Fi hotspot using nothing but your Mac and a hard Internet connection.