Here are some of the best information, tips, and links about the HarryPotter-phone. Learn how to troubleshoot problems, customize ringtones, use non-Apple headphones with the iPhone, and more.
- iPhone Troubleshooting: How to Restart, quit frozen apps and Reset iPhone
- iPhone 101: What's my number? - Forgot your iPhone phone number? Here's a couple of fast ways to get your iPhone to tell you what it is.
- iFuntastic: GUI iPhone custom ringtone manager - This little program allows you to install and manage custom ringtones just by selecting them in a GUI. There is a warning that after using this iTunes won't automatically launch when you dock your iPhone, but you can still sync manually.
- AppleHound rounds up iPhone bugs - AppleHound has posted a list of all the (supposedly) reproducible bugs they could find in iPhone 1.0.
- Shure Music Phone Adapter - Macworld head honcho Jason Snell got his hands on a pre-release version of the Shure Music Phone Adapter (MPA) and has an enthusiastic preview over at Macworld. The MPA is basically a microphone that plugs into the iPhone to allow you to use non-Apple headphones.
- iPhone Typing Test: Test Your iPhone Typing Speed!
- Don't even bother with the .com button - "It appears that the iPhone will allow you to type in most .com URLs without having to type the actual .com or pressing the button. Simply press Go after typing the site name and MobileSafari should automatically insert the .com for you."
- iPhone 101: Special Link Types - "The iPhone offers three special kinds of links that receive special treatment [for mail, phone, and Maps]. Each of these links can appear in Safari or in your mail. When clicked, they tell the iPhone to launch a specific application to handle them."