CommentaryIn its latest strike against Intel, AMD is now shipping the first processors to use three cores.The 2.1-GHz and 2.3-GHz triple-core Phenom X3s offer as much as a 30 percent performance improvement over dual-core chips operating at the same frequencies. They're meant for the mainstream desktop market; according to AMD, the processors are particularly well-suited for such apps as editing and watching high-definition video, multimedia and gaming.
AMD Goes Triple Core
- 2021 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR)
- How to Plan for Endpoint Security Against Ever-evolving Cyberthreats
- Defend Against Credential-based & Privilege Escalation Attacks
- Simple Solutions for Continuous Visibility to Active Directory Exposures & Live Attacks
- Cyber-Resilience Is a Must Have in the Next Normal