At least three of the four major network operators in the U.S. have announced sales on devices for the Black Friday shopping bonanza. Here's a round-up of what AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless are offering. My favorite deal is the buy-one-get-one BlackBerry offer that Verizon has scheduled for Friday, November 27.AT&T
Launching a weekend full of stocking-stuffed savings, www.att.com/holiday09 will serve as Santa's sleigh - packed with AT&T Reward Cards and giveaways of popular devices and smartphones delivering AT&T's better 3G experience. Beginning Black Friday, AT&T will launch incredible deals on some of the most popular touch screen devices. Online promotions will rotate through Cyber Monday. Also on Black Friday, AT&T will launch its best online U-verse deals of the year. Online offers include:
Saturday: 24-Hour Blackberry Sale -- Free Pearl 8110 or Curve 8310; $49 Curve 8320; or $99 Curve 8900. Two-year agreement with a minimum $69.99 plan required.
Sunday: Free Quick Messaging Device Sale -- Choose from the Solstice, Magnet, Propel, Karma or Neon. Two-year agreement and unlimited messaging or data service required.
Cyber Monday: 1 Cent Sale -- Purchase for only one penny the Nokia e71x, Sony Cybershot, Curve 8900, Pantech Reveal, or Samsung Jack. Device offers rotate every three hours. Two-year service agreement required.
During Black Friday weekend (11/27 - 11/29), new and existing T-Mobile customers can take advantage of wallet-friendly deals on some of the hottest phones from T-Mobile this season! Whether you are upgrading your phone or getting one for someone on your holiday shopping list, you can save $50 on the Motorola CLIQ with MOTOBLUR, BlackBerry Bold 9700 with Wi-Fi Calling and/or Samsung Highlight - all of which provide quick and reliable access to the Web via T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network. Here's a summary of T-Mobile's Black Friday weekend special offerings:
1. Motorola CLIQ with MOTOBLUR - $149.99 with a two-year service agreement (after $50 off)
2. BlackBerry Bold 9700 with Wi-Fi Calling - $149.99 with a two-year service agreement (after $50 off)
3. Samsung Highlight - $49.99 with a two-year service agreement (after $50 off)
Additionally, T-Mobile's new 'Even More Plus' plans provide an easy way for customers to give the hottest devices to their friends and family without service activation. Customers can purchase a device at full price and spread out the cost of the phone over time with interest-free payments. Then just wrap it, give it as a gift, and the recipient can activate service on their own, with unlimited plans starting at just $49.99 per month.
Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year, by offering industry-leading deals on many of our most popular devices, including the Gateway LT Netbook. Weighing less than three pounds, the Gateway LT Netbook is a multimedia mini powerhouse for only $29.99, our lowest price ever, after a $100 mail-in rebate debit card. Running on America's largest and most reliable 3G network, this mobile personal computer boasts on-the-go Internet access, a 10.1-inch screen, a 160 GB hard drive and one GB of RAM.
Other low-price deals this holiday shopping weekend include, but are not limited to:
1. HTC Ozone: Wi-Fi capable global smartphone with QWERTY for only $9.99 (buy one get one free). Requires a voice plan with email feature per smartphone.
2. MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot: Wi-Fi wherever you go for up to five people for only $49.99 after $50 mail-in rebate. (Black Friday only.)
3. Buy any BlackBerry, and get another BlackBerry of equal or lesser value for free, including the newly launched BlackBerry Storm 2, which is $179.99 after $100 mail-in rebate debit card. Requires a voice plan with email feature per smartphone.