Now that it has been in the pubic's hands for about a week, users are discovering a nasty surprise. The supposed "super phone" from Google isn't so super when it comes to connecting to T-Mobile's 3G network. User forums are rife with reports of no 3G support at all, with others reporting that the device waffles between EDGE and 3G. This isn't good news, and it was confirmed by both Google and T-Mobile.
T-Mobile recently posted on its forums a message stating, "Google and T-Mobile are investigating this issue and hope to have more information for you soon. We understand your concern and appreciate your patience."
T-Mobile is asking customers who have problems with their Nexus One to provide more information so it can determine what's going on. T-Mobile Forum Moderator Dominic said, "Let's see what we can learn about this. Maybe we can uncover some commonalities among those experiencing issues. Please reply, and post details here."
Dominic is asking people to submit the following information:
- BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE CITY, STATE, & ZIP of the location where you've experienced the problem.
- Indicate if you have no 3G at all or if your signal indicator fluctuates between 3G & E.
- Do you have another T-Mobile 3G phone that does get or does not get reliable 3G at the same location?
- Is there anything specific that you have done that helps the problem or that makes the problem occur.
- Any other relevant information you can provide.