- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- "A few new ways" to run applications in the background - multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven't had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will "put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers" more than any other phone to date. Everyone is "really excited."
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
Does The Boy Genius' report corroborate Morris' information? Perhaps. Consider, there haven't even been rumors about 3.X.X version updates to iPhone OS in months. That in and of itself is unusual, as Apple has been fairly consistent at updating the iPhone. Considering all that the competition is bringing to market, iPhone OS needs a major overhaul to remain at the forefront of the industry. Hopefully The Boy Genius' information is correct.
We'll find out for sure on January 27.