re: Microsoft Amps Up Surface Tablet Push
I currently have 4 of the Surface Pro tablets being tested in my organization. I had one for 3 weeks before passing it on to a power user. My observations:
1) the screens are to small and hard to use with Excel. Larger text size makes the screen all but useless for a excel power user
2) battery life is horrible. 5 hours doesn't make it through the 10 hour days we regularly work, when in meetings etc
3) the app's available and use of the apps don't "feel" as user friendly as the Apple world
4) the lack of a convienient docking station setup is a pain, plug in the dock tower and then plug in power why can't it charge through the usb 3.0?
5) thin profile laptops are just as convienient from a portability/weight standpoint
6) only a single USB port is an issue as well
7) with engineering applications it's recalc speed is significantly slower
8) no keyboard makes it less a productivity tool than an office oddity.