Adam Savage, one of the mighty busters of myths on The Discovery Channel's Mythbusters show, is freaking out on Twitter right now. The target of his rage? AT&T, for slapping him with an $11,000 bill after he surfed the Web in Canada for a few hours.This has happened before and it will surely happen again. If Tweets are to be believed, Adam apparently took a laptop modem with him on a recent trip to Canada. While there, he claims he spent several hours surfing the Web. Upon his return, he was hit with an $11,000 bill in data roaming fees.
Here is the public timeline of his tweets:
- Sorry, bit of explanation: device in question wasn't my phone, it was the AT&T usb connect Mercury modem.
- And I got the "data is charged at .015 cents, or a penny and a half, per kb". About to try to explain the difference to them. Sigh.
- They're claiming I uploaded/downloaded 9 million kilobytes (9 gigs) while in Canada. Frakking impossible.
- @--- you read it right. $11,000.00
- Did I mention they've turned off my phone until I pay? #attsucks
- Almost forgot: Hey AT&T! I will fight this bulls--t.
- Text messaging fees are stupid robbery? (they are), AT&T is attempting to charge me 11k for a few hours of web surfing in Canada. Pls RT!
Adam's Twitter page is: http://twitter.com/donttrythis