News of webOS 1.2's impending arrival has been floating about the Interwebs for weeks now. Today, it's official. Palm announced that webOS 1.2 is available for the Palm Pre. There are improvements a-plenty. Check to see the changelog after the jump.Perhaps the most notable change for webOS 1.2 is more a synergized Synergy application. Synergy can now fold information from LinkedIn into contact data. Synergy is also compatible with more types of Instant Messaging contacts. Last, Synergy has better support for EAS policies for the business folk out there.
Lots of other stuff has been improved, too. Including:
- We know you love email -- and you'll really love the ability to filter the emails in the current folder just by typing a search term.
- You asked for the ability to download files in the browser -- and now you've got it.
- Music fans will be glad to hear that the Amazon MP3 Store can now download songs from either WiFi or WAN.
- You can now tap a phone number in a calendar note to dial it (so you can get to the joy of music-on-hold for your conference calls even faster!).
- Pause a podcast and, by default, you'll pick up where you left off when you unpause.
- Web pages and emails are now cut-and-paste-able.