- Defining what is and what isn't cloud
- What are the business models of the cloud (are they the same as SaaS or is there more to it)?
- What are the value propositions of the cloud?
- How does the venture community regard cloud?
- How does Wall Street view the cloud?
- What do entrepreneurs thing of the cloud?
- Will it get adopted and how fast?
There are some all-conference sessions in the morning including a presentation by HP's senior vice president of software Tom Hogan (I'll post a separate blog on his discussion next) and Trend Micro VP John Maddison, who talked about how, given the increasing tide of zero-day and zero-hour attacks, the current model of delivering periodic updates to PCs is simply unsustainable. He said that even by conservative estimates, by the year 2015, it will take 25 MB of anti-malware updates per hour (yes, per hour) just to keep up.
The day breaks into three tracks once the all-conference sessions are over (you can see the full schedule here).