re: Microsoft Apologizes For Lack Of Browser Choice
People do not install the OS when they go to an electronics store and buy a ready to go PC system. Many also do not know that there are other browsers or how to install them. I agree that there should be some minimum training mandatory before operating complex machinery, but that isn't the case for consumer grade PCs. That ballot screen isn't intended for the 20% of PC users with some degree of geekiness, but for the remaining 80% who are challenged by turning it on or installing Windows updates.
And with so much cash on the line there is no excuse for this supposed oops.Nobody checking product quality at Microsoft ever got the memo that the ballot screen is now a requirement?