10 Steps to Streamline the Deployment of Network Monitoring Software for SMBs
Click here to download now
Overview: You have decided that you want to install network monitoring software at your small-to-medium size business (SMB). A little preparation before the installation and configuration will save a lot of time. If you have some basic information at your fingertips on how you will be using your new network monitoring solution, the deployment process will not be sidetracked as you try to find information or make decisions that could have been made in advance. These best practices will insure that the process goes as smoothly as possible.
How Can You Streamline Your Network Monitoring Deployment?
• Review your goals for deploying a network monitoring solution
• Select the machines that will run the network monitoring software
• Create a list of the IP addresses for devices that you want to monitor
• Decide how you are going to structure your network maps
• Configure firewalls for access
• Determine the SNMP community strings you'll need
• Know what information you require from each device
• Identify who will receive alerts
• If you are monitoring NetFlow information, identify the routers and switches that should be exporting data
• Specify what data is going to be charted and what reports you need