Sony's new premium Android tablet has a lot going for it. Will it be enough to get Sony back in the tablet game?
Apple devices running iOS 6 join BlackBerrys and Samsung Galaxy devices as approved by DOD for use by military and government workers.
Group of former Nokia employees have developed a new smartphone that will run Android apps.
Businesses beware: Employees prefer using Facebook to SharePoint and other IT-driven collaboration platforms, finds global study by Avanade U.K.
Color-coded password-strength meters nudge users to improve the strength of their important passwords, but have little effect on unimportant ones,...
Tableau Software and Marketo ride hot trends to bank millions with IPOs that post big gains in their first day of trading.
- Can Tiny Ophelia Cure Dell's Big PC Woes?
- British Cloud Firm Wins Background Check Security Contract
- Yahoo's Mayer Promises: We Won't Ruin Tumblr
- Yahoo Japan Data Breach: 22M Accounts Exposed
- Ireland Launches New National Broadband Service
- Dublin Points Big Data Tech At Traffic Jams
- 4 Ways Driverless Cars Will Shake Up Insurance
- Google, DISA Launch User ID Pilot
- VMware Hybrid Cloud Plans: Time For Amazon Answer
- Lenovo Windows 8 Ultrabook: My First 14 Days
- British IT Pro 'Cracks' Call Center Menus
- 15% Of Physicians Declining EHRs: Deloitte Survey
- So You Want To Be A CIO? 4 Tips
- Google To Apple: Catch Us If You Can
- 20 People Who Changed Tech: An Wang
InformationWeek Newsletter Sign Up
The InformationWeek Daily delivers a daily snapshot of the IT industry -- breaking news, financial developments, and events that can affect the
Business Technology decisions
you make every day.
Unedited news and product information from vendors.See All Press Releases »
Despite a low-key Google I/O conference this year, Google has transformed itself into a company of fearsome focus.
If actionable business insight, the stuff of BI legend, is the Mt. Everest summit, know this: There's little point to building or buying a better...
If you have C-suite aspirations, consider these four pieces of advice from the school of hard knocks.
How easy-to-use, single-application systems changed the face of computing, communications and business decision-making.
Google's plans to shutter yet another service had many users crying foul. Has Google jeopardized its standing?
Driven by the consumer market, video surveillance is the next big data challenge.
Math instructional software has failed to teach students how to choose the best strategies to solve numbers problems. Why is that the case?
Don't hand over compliance responsibilities when you sign on with a cloud provider.
Elsewhere on UBM Tech
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The Critical Importance of High Performance Data Integration for Big Data Analytics
- Mobile DevOps: Achieving continuous delivery with multiple front ends and complex backends in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Why is Information Governance So Important for Modern Analytics?
- Get Actionable Insight with Security Intelligence for Mainframe Environments
- Cloud Security: It’s Not Just for IT Anymore
This Week's Issue
Free Print SubscriptionSubscribe
Current Government Issue
- The Government CIO 25: These influential and accomplished government IT leaders are finding ways to be cost efficient and still innovate.
- Rethink Video Surveillance: It's not just about networked cameras anymore. New technology provides analytics, automation, facial recognition, real-time alerts and situational-awareness capabilities.
- Read the Current Issue