Page 4 of 4
Keyword Selection Checklist
- Develop an initial list of keywords for each content page you plan to optimize.
- Download your free Small Business Owner Keyword Tracker Worksheet.
- Copy and paste your keyword list into the Keyword Tracker
- Complete the data collection process using Google and the SEOBook.com Keyword Suggestion Tool.
- Copy the first keyword in column A of your Keyword Tracker Worksheet and paste it into the Google.com search field.
- Surround the keyword with quotes, i.e., “your keyword here.”
- Click the Google Search button to display the number of exact-match indexed pages.
- Type the total number of Google indexed pages into column F of the Keyword Tracker Worksheet for the keyword you are currently evaluating.
- Repeat this process for each keyword on your list.
- Load the Keyword Suggestion Tool.
- Copy the first keyword from column A of your Keyword Tracker Worksheet and paste it into the open field in the Keyword Suggestion Tool.
- Click the Submit button.
- Copy and paste the keyword usage data for each of your initial keywords into columns B, C, and D in your Keyword Tracker Worksheet.
- Evaluate the Keyword Targeting Ratio displayed in column G and exclude keywords with ratios that exceed 500.
- Evaluate similar keywords offered by the SEOBook.com Keyword Suggestion Tool and make final keyword selections.
Copyright Atlantic Publishing. All rights reserved.