The product array, which is priced as low as $99, protects traffic from AOL's AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and ICQ. "Instant messaging on the free public IM platforms can be a significant business tool, but managing it was until now something only Fortune 500 companies could afford," said Marty Schultz, IMBrella President.
IMBrella's product lineup includes these modules:
- Detector: Gauges how much IM traffic is on the network, which helps customers determine what to do about it.
- Spotlight : Fast and simple detection tool that reports the activities of a selected employee.
- Blocker: Blocks all IM traffic, regardless of IP address, URL, website or port sniffing.
- Blocker Plus: Blocks all IM traffic, but lets the administrator specify times when IM is allowed.
- GateKeeper: Permits specific users to send and receive IM.
- Secure Enterprise: Controls privileges for All IM users.
- Secure Enterprise Pro:Controls privileges for All IM users and logs all IM conversations.
- Enterprise/Compliance: Provides exportable archive for NASD- and HIPAA-regulated firms.
IMbrella products employ the firm's MessageStorm Technology which does not require custom hardware and/or proxy resets on every computer in the network. The products can be installed on any administrator computer that has access to the network.
A free 7-day demonstration version of IMbrella's new low-cost product line now available at www.imbrellasoftware.com/demo.asp.