Hitachi paid IBM 70% of the purchase price today and will pay the remainder over the next three years. Hitachi will operate the business under a new subsidiary called Hitachi Global Storage Technologies.
NewsIn a filing today with the Securities and Exchange Commission, IBM said it has completed the previously announced sale of its disk drive manufacturing operations to Hitachi Ltd. for $2.05 billion.
IBM Completes Disk Drive Sale
The sale to Hitachi, valued at $2.05 billion, is a done deal.
- 2021 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR)
- Simple Solutions for Continuous Visibility to Active Directory Exposures & Live Attacks
- Identity Detection & Response (IDR) as a Solution for Identity-Based Attacks
- Questions to Ask in Evaluating a Deception-Based Cybersecurity Solution
- 360 Analytics for a Resilient SOC